Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Wonderful and the not so wonderful...

It is so wonderful being pregnant with these three little ones. We are so excited about their arrival, though we do want them to hold off for another 8 weeks. The boys are getting more and more excited. Sidney and I are still really nervous about how we will make everything work, but we are so happy and so in love with this trio.

It is such a nice feeling to feel them all moving. I am able to distinguish each babies movements from each other. Baby A is in the breech position. She is the most active and the strongest. She is on my left side all the way at the bottom. Baby B is up near my ribs, her bum is at my sternum, she is more relaxed and more rolly than those strong movements of A. Both A and B have their heads next to each other. Then Baby C is hiding in a spot near my spine on the right side. He is a little mover, though not as strong as his sister. Sometimes all is quiet then one baby moves and the others follow in a lovely flow of movements. They love hearing their brothers talk and when Kai and Kian sing and play the guitar they dance to the sounds. Sidney's warm hand on my belly is usually received with a movement of hello. We are all having so much fun!

Today we went in for a checkup, all was well. My cervix is measuring a bit over 5cm. The doctor put me on nifedipine, and it is yucky. I was feeling great today until I took it. It have given me a headache, nausea, taken away my energy and made me dizzy. There is no way I can take this medicine and continue with all I do everyday. Some days I rarely have contractions and we do so much. Other days I have a lot of contractions and I sit around the house with the boys. The doctor thinks this medicine is a good insurance policy in case the contractions start to shorten my cervix or cause dilation. He said my uterus thinks it is full term and does not know I am only 27 weeks along. I am hoping they will reconsider and think it is safe to stay off it and just keep checking my cervix. In two weeks we have a very long appointment probably 4-5 hours. We will have a checkup, growth scan and non stress test. It should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment