Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What not to say to the pregnant mom of triplets.

Please don't tell a mom carrying triplets that she looks small. We are growing three babies in here and we have no control on their growth. When I was pregnant with my singletons I was always asked if I was carrying twins or more, I must be as I was "huge". Now people inquire about my pregnancy and ask the gender on occasion I mention I am carrying triplets. Very often I hear "you are so small to have three", I say I am only half way there or so many weeks along, which I hear "you are still small".
I know there is no offense intended, but it is not a good feeling for a mother of multiple fetuses or even a mother or a singleton to hear they are small. All we want are healthy happy babies and for multiples we want them large.

How about other responses, just don't say I look small.


No comments:

Post a Comment