Thursday, August 4, 2011

32 week update

Today we went to the perinatologist for a long appointment. We were there for 5 hours. Wow, I am tired. Today I am 32weeks and 4 days. The cesarean is scheduled for August 19th, we are very excited and very nervous about meeting our three new little ones in the next two weeks.

The non stress test went well, they were able to get tracings on all of the babies. The growth ultrasound was great too. It is always fun to see our little ones. All of the babies are head down. I was wondering why my hips were so sore. Baby A is right above the cervix, baby B's head is next to my left hip and baby c's head is above his sisters. It is amazing how much they can still move.

The weights:
Baby A: 4lb 6oz
Baby B: 4lb 10oz
Baby C: 4lb 10 oz.

My cervix is holding and is 3.5cm in length. We hope to make it this additional two weeks. I am still taking nifedipine for contractions. It seems to help a lot, though it wears off at 5.5 hours. I start getting contractions again.

We met with a couple post partum doulas who will be able to volunteer their time to help our family once the babies are born. I want Kai and Kian to feel loved and happy. I am so thankful for the great women we have met who will help us.

That is all for now, I must sleep...

2 comments:

  1. great, job, Kari!! You got to schedule your c-section, that's awesome!! I'm soo excited for you! Hang in there, you're doing great!

    www.spontaneoustriplet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE AMAZING!! Praying for another 2 weeks!! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete