Sunday, August 14, 2011

34 Weeks

Here we are at 34 weeks. I am excited and still nervous. Each time I speak to our doctor and learn more about the birth and the fact that they will work hard to follow the birth plan and the baby care plan I feel more comfortable. As long as we can go until Friday we will have a great doctor who will work with our for surgery. He also was the surgeon who worked on our previous 2 cesareans.

I am still nervous about the anesthesia. The last time the spinal went a bit high and I had to lie flat for many hours and it was so tricky to breastfeed. I am hoping with prior consultation this will not happen.

I have also been in contact with the lovely lactation consultant and we are so happy she will be there on the day we deliver. I have never had any children separated at birth and I really don't know how I will be able to deal with it. I have always slept with the babies and nursed them and cuddled them during our hospital stay. I am not sure how to deal with having them in a separate room. We will see how things go. I want Sidney to go home on the day they are born and be with the boys and put them down for bed. That way they will have a sense of normalcy, but it will be so hard to be left at the hospital in a room away from my babies. I will hope they are breathing room air and can come to our room.

Today was a work day, I insisted on having all the boxes of the boys toys brought upstairs so I could sort through them and get them organized. My Mom worked so hard too. I started at noon and we just finished. Of course, we had a few breaks. It all got done and the boys were so excited to find new (old) toys. Kian went to bed with a "new for him" doll I made years ago and Kai went to bed with a Kimodo dragon he got at the zoo many years ago. It was so sweet to see. I love those beautiful boys so much.

We have 5 days until we meet our little trio. Sidney will take Tuesday off to get some extra rest. He has been working so hard, I am so happy he will take a day off. We plan to take the boys somewhere special and I plan on taking each of them by themselves somewhere. Being away from them will be so hard.


1 comment:

  1. WOW Kari, you are doing a great job! You obviously care very much about baby care. I had bonding issues, but I'm not sure if it's more about me feeling bonded to them, then them feeling bonded to me. I couldn't breastfeed (no milk), and still feel very guilty about it. But I hear many triplet moms can. You will do the best you can for those babies, no doubt. Lactation consultants are SUPER helpful. I know you're nervous, and so was I. I had to get anxiety meds to calm me before they were born, and they were fine, and I was, too. I'm thinking about you, and I'm so excited for their birth! www.spontaneoustriplets.com

    ReplyDelete