Wednesday, July 20, 2011

30 Week Update

Today is 30 weeks and 3 days. Today was a quick cervix check. Good news, my cervix is still 5.6cm long. The babies are active and looking good.

I am still having a lot of contractions, though they are not shortening my cervix which is great to hear.

I am feeling good. Sleeping is difficult, but good. I received some great advice it was to install a rope hanging from the ceiling to help move and get out of bed. We need to get it installed.

Today was the first day we went car shopping. I really think a full sized van is our best option. We looked at a few minivans and they are so small. I just keep hoping Mercedes will knock on the door and say here is a brand new Sprinter-Enjoy!

Well since that is not going to happen we need to keep looking. We will look at a few tomorrow and we hope to find something. I want to ensure we find a vehicle before the babies come.

The doctor told me that if I went into preterm later they probably could not stop it, but could hold off labor for hopefully 2 days. She said that in those 2 days steroids would be given to help lungs mature and Magnesium to help prevent complications.

I really hope these little ones wait several more weeks. We really want to get to the end of August.

I am hoping we have everything we need for these little babies. We have bought a lot of gear. We have three car seats, 3 swings and 2 bouncers. We received a lot of great gear at our baby shower too.

Now we need to line up more help. My Mom, Brother and Aunt should be able to help a lot, but I think we will need more.

I know we will need help with the household and our older boys more than help with the babies. I was told to put signs all over the house so if folks come over they need what we need help with. An example is a sign to invite folks to the laundry room and if they feel inclined to help with diapers.

I think keeping Kai and Kian loved and entertained will be something we need help with.

The plan is to nurse the babies every 3 hours and try to keep them on a schedule. We never did that with our other two boys, I know I will not feel comfortable letting the babies cry and if they are hungry in between the 3 hours I will definitely nurse them. It seems cruel to tell a baby that they are not hungry and to wait until it is convenient to allow them to eat. We will need to get a lactation consultant here once to babies are born to help with nursing three.

Well this went a little longer with ramblings than I expected.

We had a fun day. Great doctor appointment. The boys had fun in tennis class and we had a chance to look at vehicles.

Wish us luck as we finish up with all we need to do.

2 comments:

  1. You have an amazing cervix, and could make it as long as the docs will let you I'm sure! Don't install the ceiling thing, you'll do fine without it, I promise (I made to to 37 weeks, 2 day, but could have gone longer) I also was told I had a cervix of steel, and the only reason they took the babes out was on the doc's request (we was worried about the ID boys). During my c-section the doc remarked again on my cervix, saying I could have kept them for much longer. The body is so amazing like that - you'll do great! I was walking the ling isles of home depot just days before my c-section! You'll do great!

    www.spontaneoustriplets.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Esther,
    Thank you. You are doing a beautiful job with your little ones. I love your blog and look forward to reading what is going on and what I have to look forward to. Thank you for all the great info.

    ReplyDelete