Wednesday, July 13, 2011

29 Weeks Pregnant with Triplets


Here we are at 29 weeks and 3 days. This journey has been so wonderful, exciting and a little frightening. The thought of caring for 5 children after having 2 is a little daunting, but we will take it day by day and find our families rhythm.


Today was the 29 week checkup. We began with a non stress test. It was wild. We were there for over an hour and the nurse was trying to monitor each baby individually all at the same time. Each babies heart rate had to be recorded simultaneously in order to know they had them all on the monitors, otherwise she said if they do them individually they may repeat the same baby. It was tricky. Sidney, the nurse and I all held onto the monitoring device to try and get their heartbeats. Those little guys were moving all over and the tracings were very spotty. The nurse did a great job and got what they needed.

Then we had a growth scan here are the results:
Baby A: 3 pounds 1 ounce
Baby B: 3 pounds 6 ounces
Baby C: 3 pounds 4 ounces
It was very exciting we were able to see baby C so well. We saw him inhaling amniotic fluid and the Ultrasonographer got some fantastic 4D images of him. He was resting his little foot on his forehead. I will try to get some still shots from it up here tomorrow if I can find the time.

I have included a 29 week photo from tonight. I am having a really hard time finding shirts that will cover my belly. I think I have a few more weeks with that yellow one.

My cervix measured at 5.63cm. I was very happy to hear this. I have been having so many contractions, especially yesterday. I got a bit worried wondering if had changed. The doctor also did a Fetal Fibronectin test. I asked her to do it to reassure me that I was not going to deliver in the next two weeks. It measures a level to see whether or not there is a likelihood for delivery in the next two weeks.

It was a long appointment and we missed the boys. Mom and Uncle Shawn stayed at the house and watched them. They all had so much fun. When we walked up to the house we heard all of them playing hide and go seek.

Sidney and I were able to go out and have a nice dinner on our own. It is our second alone dinner in 5 years. I love our little boys and love spending time with them. I missed them, but it was fantastic to have Sidney all to myself. It was a great day.

3 comments:

  1. You look great! Would a belly band work? Then you could wear it under all of your shirts getting too small ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look good for that far along

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look wonderful that far along wish I could meet you

    ReplyDelete