Monday, July 28, 2014

Thankful

I got this great idea from a blog I read call clean.  She listed 7 things she is grateful for.  I will do the same.  Thank you Rachel! clean

1. I am so very thankful for sweet, calm and beautiful Sidney. Even in the midst of chaos he holds steady. His love is forever and so strong. He loves these littles tremendously too!




2. For the five warm cuddles that greet me every morning. As the legs of littles begin to move and stretches that move the sleepiness away and whispers of "Mom" are heard I know I am exactly where I want to be.  As they climb on me and all want for an individual snuggle, it is that place where we all come together.




3. For the dirt.  During the day when my once clean children are very dirty.  It may be paint, or dirt from them rolling on the ground.  They may be sticky from fruit that has attached to the dirt.  I use to wipe the dirt off and change their clothes.  Now I embrace it.  It is a clear beacon of fun that was had. I know when they are this dirty it is due to hard play.  They have rolled outside, they have eaten a ripe pear and enjoyed its bounty of sweet juice, they have painted or used chalk.  They have been successful children.   I am to thankful for the dirt and spots I find on me.  They are symbols of love and comfort.  They are there because I am trusted, and present.  I am there to allow them to wipe their stickiness off or dirty hands rubbed on my pants.  Often it is a nose or an eye. It is all done with love. I cherish the dirt which symbolizes childhood.






4. For the happiness I see in each of my children. There can be rough and busy days, but they share so much love and joy. When one is having a hard day or needs some extra help there is always another close by to offer some tenderness.





5. For our dog Blu. He loves these littles so much.  River hugs him and kisses him more times a day than I can count. When we walk him he stands between the world and out children. If he is unsure of a situation he wraps him body around the children to keep them where he knows they are. He is a loving, smart and protective dog.
6. The fun and adventures we have. Always together and always tired afterwards.






7. Remembering on those hard days where sleep was little and patience ran short, where screaming and fighting dominated, that I love them. That they are all such beautiful people. That I am so thankful we are 7. An amazing number I never dreamed of. Each day that passes I am truly thankful. I have been given such an amazing gift to live, teach and grow with these amazing kids. Sidney, Kai, Kian, Brielle, River and Liam I have so much gratitude and love for each of you and each of our special bonds.




1 comment:

  1. This is SO beautiful, Kari!!! I love the pics! And thanks for inspiring me to let my kid get more dirty. :D ~Meg (Homer's mom)

    ReplyDelete